Part-Time Country Manager, Ghana
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We’re looking for smart, dynamic people to help us document the ecosystem across Nigeria. You’ll be able to take chances, innovate, build great contacts and be an integral part of documenting the first West African start-up ecosystem. Our product can be accessed via PC or mobile, and you’ll be working with start-up, accelerators and incubator across Nigeria to make sure we are always documenting new start-ups and to ensure that our data is accurate and up to date.
• Manage everything from prospecting to daily operations and long-term strategy for those markets;
• Develop deep relationships with local entrepreneurs, start-ups, incubators and accelerators with the goal of creating bonds that transcend day-to-day business;
• Identify and execute out-of-the-box initiatives to engage start-ups and entrepreneurs;
• Become a subject matter expert for your country; understand the start-up landscape, cultural sensitivities, trends, and other market dynamics;
• Identify and develop new business opportunities related to your country, whether that’s new partnerships or new features/services/products.
What You’ll Get From Us
• Ability to get the true start-ups experience — no rules, no bureaucracy, tons of tough decisions with real impacts on the business;
• Build your contacts and knowledge of the Nigerian tech start-up and growing industry;
• You’ll be a valued member of the team whose ideas will be vital to our success.
Ready to Start? Here’s What We’re Looking For From You
• You must be fluent/native in English; ideally you have lived in Nigeria;
• You demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for this role and what we’re building (start-up experience is a plus, but enthusiasm is better);
• You’ve demonstrated an ability to balance day-to-day execution with longer term strategic planning responsibilities;
• You have the courage to critically analyse the processes in place and confidence to voice new/better ways of doing things;
• You thrive in a collaborative environment but can also prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight;
• You’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way
• You have a strong understanding of the Nigerian start-up industry
• 1-5 years of experience in jobs that required you to manage disparate relationships, solve tough problems and develop and implement strategic innovations
• University degree from a top school
How to ApplyWe are looking for exceptional people that are passionate about technology to join us.
1027 total views, 1 today