Full Time Director of Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
My client provides training, investment and mentoring for aspiring technology entrepreneurs with the goal of creating globally successful companies that create wealth and jobs locally in Africa. They house 15 technology companies, each building their businesses across different markets or geographies and facing unique challenges. Not only do they aim to provide their companies with high quality facilities, they also offer a robust suite of services to assist them as they tackle these challenges. These services range from assistance in key operational areas (e.g. accounting, legal) to support in business development, marketing, product development and more. My client is looking for day to day leadership in Accra to help maintain smooth operations of our facilities, coordinate administrative resources and foster a strong incubator community.
My client is seeking a multiyear commitment from an exceptional early or midcareer professional looking to grow with their organization. The Director of Operations will supervise the daily operation of the building complex and administration to ensure that the highest standards are achieved and maintained. The Director of Operations will also drive the development of the community and contribute his or her professional experiences and business acumen to helping our incubated companies succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Report directly to the Managing Director of the Incubator, to assess and report all key operational issues, while also being granted authority and discretion to execute many day-to-day decisions
● Lead incubator administration; Act as primary bridge and point of contact with the admin staff to ensure smooth operations of the facility including:
○ Maintenance and improvement
○ IT infrastructure
○ Office allocations for tenants
○ Fees collection
● Enforce the clearly communicated guidelines of the Incubator, maintaining a professional work environment for the universal benefit of all residents; Point person with an open door policy to discuss issues raised by Incubator management teams, company employees and staff
● Work closely with staff to manage and improve key services provided to Incubator companies
● Manage external corporate and investor guests visiting, filtering requests made to ensure approved visits are of high value and deserving of consuming the valuable time of our management teams
● Build relationships across industries and sectors to source potential partners and sponsors for the incubator
● Encourage cohesiveness of the Incubator community through organizing social events, business development opportunities and continuing education workshops
● Promote more cross collaboration and sharing of resources (e.g. sales, marketing, etc.) amongst the group of diverse and talented individuals housed within the Incubator
The Ideal Candidate
● Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field
● Minimum 2-4 years work experience in administration, operations, business development, law or related fields
● A “startup personality”, entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks or ambiguity
● Strong, professional communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English)
● Ability to multitask with proven time management and project management skills
● Ability to work strategically and cooperatively in a team environment with all levels of professional and administrative staff
● Experience mentoring and coaching entrepreneurs and willingness to drive community growth
● Thorough understanding of the needs of a technology startup
Start Date: On or before January 1st, 2015
Salary Expectations: Commensurate with experience
How to ApplyInterested candidates please contact Roland Dadzie at Roland@go-getters.co.uk with your CV, cover letter and a brief email (1-2 paragraphs) of your relevant job experience and qualifications for the position. Please quote ‘MEGGJ1’ in the subject line of your email.
1126 total views, 1 today